Headteacher’s Letter 20.3.20

Dear Families

28 years as a teacher and that was the strangest and one of the saddest days I have known. I love my job and saying goodbye to children in such an unexpected and unknown context really got to me – my first cry was at 5.30am!

We will miss your children but know they are in safe hands with you. If you need anything, please get in touch and we will do our best to help. Please also get in touch if you have concerns about other children or their families in these worrying times. Our arrangements during closure are on our website and we will put a link on Facebook to them as well; these include useful web links and telephone numbers. 

If you have registered your child for Key Worker child care, we have sent you the arrangements for next week. Your child cannot come to school on Monday if you have not received these details from us by tomorrow lunchtime.Please note that the criteria for this child care is advisory and is not set in stone; due to staff availability over time, we may have to prioritise some families over others depending on their context. This is happening in most schools; the Government plan was for as few children to be in school for child care as possible to limit the risk of infection. If we need more details from you to help with this, we will contact you next week. 

Please take care everyone and look after each other and those more vulnerable people in our community. See you all back where you belong as soon as possible! 

Stay safe everyone. That’s the most important thing. 

Sarah Shirras

Categories Letters