Throughout our school community, there is overwhelming support for having a school uniform. It:
- gives us a sense of identity and unity
- stops peer pressure about clothing
- is cheap and practical
- stops morning rows about what to wear!
Since September 2020, because of the restrictions of the pandemic, we have had a different approach to uniform. Children have worn layers of clothing as ventilation has made the building cold. Children have not been changing for fitness and PE which has brought many advantages, including saving lots of time on a daily basis. The older children have been very loud and clear about how much they prefer it this way, not having to change in front of their friends each day.
We are going to continue this policy in the new school year; children will not be changing for PE. They need to come to school suitably dressed to learn and to play, whether that is free play or organised sport.
Our uniform is:
- Grey or black trousers, shorts, pinafore or skirt
These can be sports style shorts, jogging bottoms or leggings but they must be plain with no logos or stripes. Many children choose to wear leggings or cycling shorts under their skirts.
- A white polo shirt, either plain or with a school logo
- A blue gingham summer dress
- A logoed school sweatshirt, cardigan, fleece and/or hoodie
- Trainers (which must be plain black or white) or shoes (black).
(If children are wearing shoes, they must bring a pair of trainers to change in to. These can be any colour.)
Children are not allowed to wear jewellery apart from stud earrings and a watch. They are not allowed to wear make up or nail varnish. Any accessories in their hair need to be appropriate to run about in.
The only exceptions to this are for the following activities:
- Forest Schools – children need a change of clothes that will keep them warm and dry. Wellington boots are recommended.
- Gymnastics in Years 3-6 – we will let you know when your child has gymnastics on the apparatus. This will be for just a few days a year. Skirts, dresses and pinafores are not safe to do gymnastics in.
|SWPS Tote Bag||N/A||£3.00|
|Navy Sweatshirt||3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-13||£7.00|
|Navy Sweatshirt - Adult||XS, S, M, L||£10.00|
|Navy Sweatshirt Cardigan||3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-13||£7.50|
|White Polo Shirt||3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-13||£5.60|
|White Polo Shirt - Adult||XS, S, M, L||£9.00|
|Grey PE Hoody||3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-13||£9.00|
|Grey PE Hoody - Adult||XS, S, M, L||£11.00|
|Navy Fleece||5-6,7-8, 9-10, 11-13||£11.00|
|Navy Fleece – Adult||XS, S, M, L||£12.00|