Behaviour Support Worker (HLTA; GR9011)
Term Time + 1 week
Scale F Point 12 (£11.498 per hour)
Permanent, 35 hours per week – Start date: September 2021 or ASAP
We are seeking to appoint a skilled and enthusiastic practitioner to join our successful, happy and hardworking team. The successful applicant will give support and guidance to pupils who are experiencing difficulties in learning due to social, emotional and behavioural issues. They will work with individuals and groups as well as supporting children in class. This could include supporting children who are on personalised timetables and releasing class teachers to work with individuals. They will work closely with our pastoral team and within the culture and ethos of our school, centred on Thrive, to support children to overcome barriers to learning and ensure they make good progress in all areas of their development.
The successful applicant will have:
- relentless positivity and a kind sense of humour!
- an understanding of a wide range of behavioural and emotional needs
- a compassionate nature and a willingness to listen and learn
- the ability to engage and inspire children, individually and in groups
- high expectations of all children, supporting them to achieve
- good communication skills to work closely with colleagues as well as with other professionals and families
- a willingness to learn from and contribute to the happy hardworking staff team
- an enthusiasm for being part of the broader life of the school
Please contact the school to express your interest in the post, to request further information and to arrange a visit to the school.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 19th May, 9am
Interviews: Wednesday, 26th May
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought, as well as proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Our Safeguarding Policy states we will call for all references in advance of interview.